Oral-maxillofacial surgeon, what? Sounds like a mouthful but understanding what these doctors with such specialties is quite simple. An oral-maxillofacial surgeon, by and large, performs diagnostic procedures and treatments that affect the craniomaxillofacial complex — your mouth, jaw, face, neck, and the entire skull.
Here at our Fort Lauderdale oral and maxillofacial surgery practice, many of our patients present with problems that are congenital or traumatic in origin. The following conditions or problems will most likely lead you to seeking the services of an oral-maxillofacial surgeon in Fort Lauderdale:
- When you want to have a tooth extracted.
- When you want to have a tooth replaced with dental implants.
- When you want to have a jaw aligned with orthognathic surgery.
- When you want to have your jaw joints repaired via TMJ surgery.
- When you desire facial and jaw reconstruction following cancer surgery.
- When facial bone alignment is required following facial trauma.
- When you’re thinking about having mouth and face surgery for aesthetic purposes.
- Have an oral/facial tumor or cyst removed/reconstructed.
- Diagnose and correct sleep apnea.
Finding a Fort Lauderdale Oral-Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Leslie Sultan’s oral-maxillofacial surgery practice in Fort Lauderdale includes everything from the removal of impacted teeth to facial reconstruction that addresses both form and function, improving aesthetics and ensuring his patients’ ability to breathe, speak and chew properly. Sultan’s subspecialties include surgery to correct obstructive sleep apnea, the design and placement of custom computer-designed dental and facial implants, and temporomandibular joint replacement.
Get in touch with us today by calling (954) 771-8772 or by filling out this contact form to set up an appointment. We look forward to your visit!