The Initial Evaluation
When calling for an initial evaluation, we will schedule an appointment at a time and location most convenient for each patient. To serve our patients to the best of our ability, we schedule all non-emergency patients for a consultation prior to the surgical appointment. This allows us to adequately assess each patient’s needs and recommended treatment; state-of-the-art, hospital-style outpatient facility.
All emergency patients are seen the day that they call. During the emergency appointment, we perform whatever treatment is necessary to alleviate discomfort. Patients then return for subsequent evaluation and/or treatment until their condition has been resolved.
Your first visit will include:
- Review of your health history
- Comprehensive examination
- Cone Beam CT* scan (when appropriate)
- Proposed plan and a thorough explanation of treatment options
- Review of anesthetic options
- Signing a surgical consent
- Review of financial arrangements
In order to prepare for your visit, please:
- Take advantage of this site by registering on-line!
- Please arrive 30 minutes in advance to complete all forms
- Bring all pertinent insurance information (medical, dental, auto, accident, etc.)
- Bring all x-rays and or scans (print or on disc), reports and referral letters.
- Bring your referral authorization, where indicated
- For patients under 18, bring a parent or legal guardian (MANDATORY)
- For our non-English speaking patients, try to provide an interpreter to your visit
*Cone Beam CT is the most advanced and sensitive technology available to evaluate the oral/facial region. Please refer to our section on Computer Guided Surgery for a more detailed explanation of this technology.