Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in Fort Lauderdale since 1990
- Dr. Sultan is a native of Brooklyn, New York.
- After completing his education and training, his desire to be close to his family led him to begin practice in the Broward County, Florida community.
- Being very progressive in his training and abilities, Dr. Sultan was instrumental in orchestrating key roles for the specialty of oral & maxillofacial surgery in the community, including:
- Formation of a Level I Facial Trauma program at Broward General Medical Center.
- Becoming Co-Director of the Cleft Palate Team of Broward County.
- Dr. Sultan became board-certified in his specialty in 1992:
- In addition to educational training and clinical experience, oral & maxillofacial surgeons choose to undergo a rigorous written and oral examination given by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery to become Board Certified and achieve Diplomate status. Although board certification is not required to practice oral and maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Sultan completed these examinations and earned Board Certification in 1992. In addition, Dr. Sultan passed the re-credentialing process of his board certification in 2001, 2012, and 2022.
- During his practice career, he has participated in many volunteer and teaching endeavors.
- Dr. Sultan has always had a reputation in the community as an astute diagnostician, accepting the most challenging patients with complex issues.
- Following his own medical and surgical journey (he has been a cancer survivor for 11 years), Dr. Sultan chose to redirect the focus of his practice to the treatment of major maxillofacial conditions and disease, including:
- Temporomandibular disorders including surgery and replacement
- Correction of skeletal jaw deformities with orthognathic surgery
- Surgical management of obstructive sleep apnea
- Reconstruction of the deficient upper and lower jaw with dental/zygoma implants and bone grafting
- Pathology and reconstruction of the jaws
Dr. Sultan was recently invited to apply and accepted as Fellow of the prestigious American College of Surgeons:
- The American College of Surgeons (ACS) is the House of Surgery, representing 87,000 surgeons of all disciplines, in all practice settings, and in all career stages. The ACS confers Fellowship upon surgeons who have successfully met requirements that reflect their education training and experience, and who commit to the ACS oath 'To Heal All With Skill and Trust. A select group of single-degree Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons have been granted Fellowship to this prestigious organization.
- Dr. Sultan was invited by his undergraduate alma mater University of Albany to deliver the Commencement Address to the graduates of the Department of Chemistry.
Dr. Sultan has been featured in both print and video media:
Lifestyle Las Olas Magazine Heroes of Healthcare
Fort Lauderdale Magazine
UAlbany Alumni Magazine
DR. SULTAN GIVES SOUTH FLORIDA WOMAN A NEW SMILE FOR THE HOLIDAYS
The South Florida woman ended up with a deformed jaw and no lower teeth because of a gun shot wound three years ago. Dr. Sultan offered her a priceless gift to perform her last surgery pro bono as a Holiday gift.
Click the links below to get more on the story:
WSVN7 airs a segment on Dr. Sultan’s “Christmas Gift” case featuring a patient who receives a set of dental implants at no charge from the physicians after her mouth was destroyed by gun-shot wounds
WCBS4 airs an interview with Dr. Sultan and a patient who received “A New Smile”
SunSentinel front cover story on Dr. Sultan and the treatment of his trauma patient.
Dr. Sultan continues his pursuit of offering his specialized care to patients both locally and internationally. He is one of the very few surgeons with the training and expertise in South Florida for TMJ surgery and TMJ replacement. He is considered the “senior” oral and maxillofacial surgeon in the Fort Lauderdale community.
Check Out What Our Patients Are Saying...
My experience with Dr Sultan was life changing. He is dedicated, honest, open and compassionate. I have been closely followed post surgery; Dr Sultan going above and beyond for me. Everyone who works here are truly helpful, from my first visit to follow up appointments they care. I consider myself extremely fortunate and very grateful to all. Dr. Sultan? I adore him! - Susan
Click here to read more reviews