What Happens After Facial Implants?
- Posted on: Aug 31 2014
Some people opt to enhance certain parts of their face, but when “lifting” and “stretching” don’t do the trick anymore, facial implants join the picture. You may have a weak chin, hollow cheeks, or a badly-angled jaw — little imperfections that can be enhanced through implants. Dr. Sultan is a renowned cosmetic surgeon who is qualified to perform this procedure to his patients in Fort Lauderdale and nearby areas.
However, your troubles do not end once you’ve already enhanced your face. Your implants need special care for it to last long and remain in good condition.
- The wounds after your procedure need to be tended well, so it is important to follow Dr. Sultan’s instructions about wound care very carefully in order to avoid any complications like infection.
- Avoid any trauma to the surgical wounds. Do not rub them or do any impulsive movements that are directed to the treated site.
- Soreness and swelling is a normal occurrence that could last for a few weeks. To alleviate any soreness and swelling, you may apply cold compress to the area.
- Your oral hygiene routine may have to be changed depending on your condition. For instance, you may be advised to avoid using toothbrush for a while and use a mouthwash instead.
- As your wounds heal, it helps to eat soft foods instead of ones that are hard to chew to limit any movement in the area.
- Report any unusual symptoms, such as bleeding or severe pain. Dr. Sultan will properly advise you on how to deal with these situations.
Chin, Cheek, and Facial Implants in Fort Lauderdale
If you are interested in improving certain areas of your face, you can definitely give us a call at 954-771-8772 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sultan. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted in: Facial Implants