Everyone wants to have smoother skin, but many people are not satisfied with theirs because of blemishes, moles, and other skin lesions that have hindered them from having flawless skin. Don’t be contented about having them forever though because you can always choose to undergo lesion removal and have beautiful skin.
Purpose of Lesion Removal
Most lesions in the skin may not cause serious problems. However, many people want them removed because they may be tender to touch or just unsightly. Lesion removal is also important in knowing if a certain lesion is cancerous.
Things to Expect
- The procedure is usually performed with the use of a local anesthetic to keep the lesion numb while you are kept awake.
- It is a quick and straightforward surgery.
- As with any other procedure, lesion removal can pose some complications, which include scarring, keloid formation, nerve damage, bleeding, the development of an infection, more pain in the treated area, leakage from the wound, and a recurrence of lesions.
- Dr. Sultan may advise you to stop taking certain medications, such as aspirin, a week before surgery to decrease your chances of bleeding during the procedure.
- Smoking will not help on the day of your operation as it slows down the healing of your wound. Therefore, you may be advised to stop smoking for a couple of days before your appointment.
- The treated area may be a bit painful for an hour or two following the procedure as the local anesthetic starts fading. However, pain killers will be provided to give you as much comfort as possible.
For more information on lesion removal and how you can have more attractive skin, request an appointment with Dr. Sultan today by calling (954) 771-8772. We look forward to hearing from you!